Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Conference Weekend

Taylor and I walking around Temple square.
Taylor, Maegan, and I posing in front of a fountain. Maegan hadn't been to temple square since she was little so we gave her the grand tour.

In the spirit of being on temple square we re-acted one of the statues there...we are so silly.


Yeah we think we are pretty hot...

The three of us on the marriage rock in front of the temple.

Me and my boy Tay Tay... we gangster


The conference center with so many people still coming out...this was 15 minutes after we left.

Me on the top floor of the Joesph Smith building in front of the Salt Lake Temple...sorry it is so dark.

Thanks to Maryann for letting us stay at her house...she made sure we had the full Easter experience and we dyed eggs....I know you can't see it but it is a dinosaur egg aka dipping the egg into all the different colors, my specialty.

Our well dyed eggs....I only dyed one of them that is why they look so good.

The Egg dying crew....you guys are amazing!

The wonderful dye used to make my beautiful dinosaur eggs. I didn't know you could make it from scratch but Maryann reminded me that all you need is vinegar, food coloring, and some hot water....I am amazed.
I also made Devil Eggs for everyone...I don't know if anyone liked them but Grandma Hodge would have been proud. Maryann says usually they just throw the boiled eggs away.....the Grandma Anderson in me was shocked!

We always have to do somewhat of a ladies night when the boys are out a priesthood session so thank goodness Angela has some amazing cousins that have agreed to adopt me and helped me make fabric flowers....they were so much fun. Since we aren't really related we had to change our names to become related....Maegan and Shanequa are officially cousins.

Maegan's first time in conference....she was so excited. Taylor called and surprised us with tickets for Saturday afternoon.

Us outside the conference center with our tickets....I was so excited to be in the conference center and to hear the prophets and apostles speak....it was amazing. We also attended the Sunday morning session thanks to Ryan and Carrie for getting us tickets. It was a nightmare getting there because they closed the freeways getting there because of the icy roads....I thought the police were out to get the Mormons....but somehow we got there just in time and ended up on the balcony...it was a miracle.

Every tour of temple square must involve visiting the Christ statue in the visitors center. Thanks Maegan, Taylor, Ryan, Carrie, and Wiseman Family for making conference weekend so great.

5 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Yes, thanks for taking care of my Merilee, great update Mer....

C'est La Vie said...

AH hahahaha
oh my goodness
that is me. i am shanequa.
what a beautiful name.
dang it i can't believe i missed sundays fun. for crying out loud.
probably you should tell me when you are going to bountiful next

merileesue said...

You will be the first to know....lol

Spencer & Nikki said...

Looks like it was a part-a-y in SLC. Fun stuff Mer... we miss you tons and can't wait to see you.

busbyhive said...

That's great you got to attend conference! I loved the picture at MaryAnne's house. She makes everything fun!! Cute haircut!!