Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sister SCHLOSSER

About 3 years ago, I met my best friend, Sydney Schlosser!  She is pretty much the most awesome person that I have ever met.  Anyway, she decided to leave me for 18 months and go on a mission.  I was super proud of her and he decision but sad that she wasn't going to be around anymore.  The longest time we have not seen each other is 3 months before she left, since we met.  Those were some hard 3 months and I could still call her.  Instead of having her family all come out, she decided that she wanted me to take her to the MTC.  Kaitlyn picked her up from the airport since I had work training and when I got to the FHE activity that Kailtyn took her too, I was over joyed to see her!  We had a great couple of days.  I was so sad to see her go but the good thing about not catching up on my blog till now is that she come home in less than 4 months! 

She got me this cat skirt and insisted that I wear it out the next day since she had to dress up.  She was already set apart as a sister missionary.

I gave her the royal treatment and made her smoothies and egg mcmuffin sandwiches every morning.


We went shopping before she left.  Her last time in awhile at an American store, Forever 21.

We met up with Morgan, our old roommates and most amazing friend!  Love me some Morgan.  We went to Costa Vita per Syd's request.

We rode the Trax, last time on the Trax before Syd left...

Last minute, we decided to go to the Salt Lake temple to do baptisms.  Good thing I decided to dress up!  It was my first time in the Salt Lake Temple and it was beautiful.  I haven't been back since, maybe I am waiting for Sydney to return. 

On our way to the MTC... Sydney is super excited and I am trying not to cry...

Oh Sidley Sue...

 Every missionary needs a picture with her bestie in front of the temple.

Love this girl... she is crazy.

Disclaimer: This was staged by Sydney.  This thought it would be funny to have pictures of her trying to run away before we took her to the MTC.  Therefore it would be my fault that she had not been taken to the MTC.


She ran pretty far.  As we started to drive to the MTC, she told me to pull the car over.  She told me she needed a minute and then she broke down.  I thought I would be the only one crying.  After the breakdown, she reassured me that she was ready.  I love this girl.  Can't wait to see her soon!


Last look as she strolled away...

As we were driving to the MTC, David, our other bestie, informed us that Sarah, his wife was having her baby.  Little Lucy.  Sydney had just missed this happening.  I got the picture several hours after I took her to the MTC.  I sent it to her in my first email.  We have emailed almost every week since she has been gone and I look forward to her returning in September and going to see her in November for Thanksgiving.

No comments: