Saturday, May 25, 2013

Winter 2012

My sister's blog has inspired me to start blogging again and catch up.  I probably should have done this with the challenge but better late than never.  I know that millions of you have probably have been wondering what I have been up.  I actually wondered that myself.  It has been almost a year and a half since I moved to Utah and I only had one post of my apartment.  Which I am sure to my most frequent visitors is getting extremely old.
So here is to blogging...  I am going to compile events since my first month in Utah were not that exciting.  I was substitute teaching and barely surviving!  I think back to those months and it was a miracle I did anything besides work and eat, very cheaply I may say.
My roommate (Kaitlyn) and I, did get to go to a Grizzley's Hockey Game.  This was only due to the fact that our ward paid.  Thank you!  We did have to pay for parking, which almost broke the bank.  Okay not really but we had a great time and even got to see a fight!


The ref breaking it up, obviously the man at the bottom of the picture wasn't as impressed as we were...

Ever heard of Groupon?  When it is your first time living in a city bigger than Rexburg you need to check out the sites and see if you city has a Groupon.  Well, Salt Lake does and Kaitlyn and I were frequent visitors to this site.  It pretty much just offers discounting prices to different things in your area. 
Anyway, one day I was looking and found Jazz tickets for cheap and decided we had to go.  Even in our destitute state, I managed to pay for them and I think we got Wendy's for dinner too.  We go all out!
Our seats were nose bleeds... what did you expect for discounted tickets?  But the Jazz still won and we had a great time.  I was extremely tired after working a 10 hour day but it was a great way to end the long day.



I know what you are all wondering how many of the kids I substituted for had crushes on me.  Well the answer would probably be just one, the kid who made this in paint instead of doing his actual assignment.  It was such a sweet thought and I loved how he thought I was married, or maybe he just didn't know the difference yet.


I got a second job at the beginning of February, making the finances a little less tight.  I was working for 4-H.  I thought it was for the pigs and chicken raising thing too, but they also have after school program for kids whose parent's work or need more time before they come home.  Pretty much I was getting paid to play with these kids for 3 hours after school.  We did devote an hour to homework, at which most kids decided it was time they should probably go home.  I loved this job!  I loved all the kids I worked with.  We called one kid Hadley and he was so funny, hyperactive but awesome.  He made this pizza and I had to capture it.
They were in a competition with all the other after school programs and we did a "little people" dance.   They kids had so much fun and we actually won the competition!  I was so proud of my kiddos!

Every once and awhile, Kaitlyn and I would splurge.  This after the first time we had gotten paid.  It had been a rough week and we were sick of eating roman.  We went out to Red Iguana 2.  The first one looked like it might have had something beside food cooking.  We took my Buick Le Sabre 1998 and wished we didn't because they had Valet Parking.  I wanted to park around the corner but Kaitlyn insisted.  The food was amazing and I had to have a Virgin Pina Colada. 


Once I had my second job for awhile, I redid my room.  I loved my room before but I need something a little more grown-up.  Not that the zebra is that grown-up but I love it.  I made the pillow in the middle. It took 5 hours and making it up the whole time but because I had spent too much on the rest of it, I had to made the pillow I envisioned.  It was really fun and it was nice to know that I could actually do it.

No comments: